We all know people in our lives that have a “creative side” and are truly “creative.” They always seem to have a great idea, or take a good idea and make it even better. Their ideas are those that make you say, “now why didn’t I think of that?” But what truly makes them creative from those that are not? Well, here are a few observations that might help answer that question:
- Creative people don’t copy an idea, they make it better. Take a basic idea or concept and develop innovative enhancements or improvements that are unique.
- Creative people utilize all of their senses. They tend to live life to the fullest.
- Creative people are always learning and look to expand their knowledge. Knowledge is not only power, but also creative power.
- Creative people take “time outs” to take a break from the monotony of everyday life and simply take a minute to “recharge.”
- Creative people have a tendency to be slow to judge. Perception can sometimes be a negative when it comes to looking at things in a different way.
- Creative people look to take in as many experiences as possible. More experiences, more ideas. Carpe diem.
- Creative people look where others don’t look and see things that other people might have missed.
- Creative people ideate early and often, but also take the time to flesh out the idea to see if it may work or not. In other words, they simply just don’t have ideas, they learn to see if they will actually work.
Take a try just a few of these things listed to see if it helps you in your everyday life. Just looking at things a different way or not rushing to judgement, may prove to be very insightful!
That’s the bottomline…
“Change…Part Nature…Part Opportunity”